Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Places To Eat Veg!

I’m so happy that more and more awareness is out there about the vegetarian lifestyle. I’m even more excited that more restaurants are opening up that focus on a veggie based diet. Even the regular restaurants have more veg options on their menu, or are willing to cater to your needs.
Tonight, my friend Haley and I went to Nirvana, a new wellness center in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Not only do they have a yoga studio, they also have vegetarian food options and a wide selection of fruit and veggie drinks.
Nirvana is a warm and welcoming resto juice bar and yoga studio in the heart of Fredericton, New Brunswick. Our goal is to serve nutritious and delicious raw and cooked foods, as well as provide a serene and spacious studio to practice yoga.
Tonight, we had the veggie sushi and shared a veg falafel. For dessert there was chocolate avocado tart. Everything was delicious! I’m disappointed I forgot my camera though… Also, we’re both big fans of Kris Carr and her healthy drinks, so we were excited to hear that they also offered wheatgrass juice. This stuff is insanely healthy for you. It was somewhat of an acquired taste. Well, who am I kidding—it did taste like grass! But the benefits are undeniable. We are going to back this weekend to try out some yummy smoothies! I have a feeling I will be visiting this place a lot :)

In Pictou County, Baked Food Café has also opened. They are located on Provost Street in New Glasgow. They are committed to offering local, seasonal, healthy food while remaining environmentally friendly. They do offer some vegetarian options, and they are delicious! Last time I visited, I ordered the Ratatouille on millet. It was such a tasty warming dish. Mom ordered the pumpkin bread with homemade hummus. We also took some vegan granola bars for the road. They were soft, chewy and had a great vanilla flavor. Also, I hear that their bean burger is amazing.

It’s a great thing when these options are available for vegetarians and vegans, but it’s even better that people who aren’t vegetarian, are also enjoying these places! They are making a plant based diet a part of their lifestyle, and are enjoying the food!

4 comments:

  1. You're right Jenna! Awareness is growing so much. I had no idea about the Baked Food Cafe. Can't wait to try it out! Love your blog keep up the great work :) I check it everyday ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, cool to see another Fredericton vegan blogging about the lifestyle!

    Cheers,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna..i'm glad you enjoyed your experience with BaKED in New Glasgow and I hope you make it back again before or once we change the menu for the spring/summer season.....one book I highly recommend not only for your personal vegan journey but also for the sake of our food choices in general is "What to Eat" by Marion Nestle. Stay happy!

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here Jason! I was reading up on your blog as well :)

    And, Sue, baKed is amazing. Just what the county needed! Good luck with everything--I will definitely be there again whenever I am home :)
    PS. Staff was lovely, friendly and accomodating.

    ReplyDelete