Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cruise

Tyson and I just got back from a week long Eastern Caribbean cruise! We had such a great time relaxing, snorkeling, rock-climbing, skating and even surfing on the boat. But, one of the main parts of a cruise is obviously the FOOD! I knew Tyson would be able to eat to his heart’s content…but I was a little worried that I might have to eat lettuce all week. Boy, was I wrong. The dining staff and the main chef catered to all my needs. They made sure I had everything I needed each night at dinner. They would give me the menu for the next day and all I had to do was pick what I wanted and they would alter it for me. Or, I could just ask them for something and they were happy to make it for me.
In the mornings, I usually got some soy milk for my cereal and filled up on fruit and had the occasional hash brown. Lunch was more of a quick thing for us, and we’d usually just hit up the buffet. So, my options were a bit more limited at the buffet, because you never know what has milk in it.

I have some pictures below: Crispy tofu stir fry with rice noodles, vegetable pasta, almond raspberry tart and a walnut sugary tart.
I forgot to take pictures of some things because I was so excited to eat! Some of my other meals included a very yummy curry with cashews, chickpeas, and veggies on top of steamed rice; spiced cauliflower cakes with asparagus; eggplant tomato bake with steamed vegetables and onions; and tofu bake with Chinese noodles and vegetables.

Some appetizers included spinach salad with vinaigrette; chilled cinnamon apple soup; minestrone soup; and banana tropical soup with lychee.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the food and the sincerity and friendliness of the staff. It made my trip so much more enjoyable not to have to worry about my meals. Royal Caribbean made sure our trip was extra special and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment