Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday Night Supper

Last night, Tyson’s sister Tanya and her husband Steve came over for dinner. Well, they brought the dinner with them! Tanya is the best cook I know, and is always trying new exciting recipes. She is also always very thoughtful when it comes to me and my vegan lifestyle. Whether it’s making me big batches of vegetarian entrees to freeze, or making sure there’s no milk in the dessert, she always finds a way for me to be included. Thank you Tanya :)

Last night, she made some very delicious sweet potato burritos. The filling was kidney beans, onions, garlic and spices all mixed into mashed sweet potatoes. After putting some of this mixture into soft tortillas, they were rolled up and put on a baking pan. Cheese was then sprinkled on top (vegan cheese for me), and they were baked until the cheese melted. You can top them with salsa and sour cream once they are out of the oven.
Here is the recipe for the burritos:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Addictive-Sweet-Potato-Burritos/Detail.aspx

She also made a delicious Mexican salad with beans, peppers, red onions, tomatoes and avocado. All this with a side of Spanish rice. This meal was so tasty...and filling! But, of course I had to have some room for dessert :)

Tanya also made an apple maple crumble pie just for me. Well, I might have shared a little bit! It was ooey gooey goodness! Supper was a great success, and for a bonus Tyson and I got all the left overs! So, I froze some burritos for a later date…as for the apple crumble pie, that miggght be all gone…haha.

Thank you Tanya and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment