Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meatless Chick'n

I was very excited to have a BBQ last weekend because I found some PC Meatless Chicken Breasts. We had some friends over and put the fake chicken on the grill! Haley cut hers up and mixed it in with her salad… and really enjoyed it. I ate mine like a burger, but couldn’t finish my portion. I think I get my hopes high for the taste, and it just doesn’t do it for me. They are a great substitution if you really need something with that chicken texture, but I think I’d rather have a bean or tofu dish for my main meal.
My palate is changing!
My favorite meatless chicken product is still Oh Naturel! Meatless Chick’n Nuggets. Sometimes you just need some chick’n nuggets and fries. These still do the trick for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenna,

    I haven't eaten meat in about eight years so I have tested many, many types of "fake" meat. Some are terrible some are delicious.

    I found that the meatless chicken breasts were a little much for me.... too close to the real thing for my liking.haha

    I do agree that the oh naturel nuggets are the best. They have won over vegetarians and meat eaters alike in my house. With 7 of the 13 people in my family vegetarian, thats a lot of opinions.

    My other two favorite "substitutes" are the Presidents choice blue menu Mediterranean chick n strips and the teriyaki marinated tofu which is also made by blue menu. They are a tasty add in and I have used them in so many different ways (have you ever had vegetarian popcorn "chicken"?).

    There also used to be these delicious Yves skewers that were the object of many a BBQ craving but they changed (according to them, improved) the recipe and now they are in some middle group between the terrible and acceptable lists.

    Anyway, I look forward to hearing more about your likes and dislikes.

    Katie MacFarlane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions Katie! How great it must be to have all of that support from your family...Please let me know of any of your go-to vegetarian recipes--I'm still new at this and I'm always looking for advice from long time vegetarians :)

    ReplyDelete