Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Products

I’ve come to realize that many gluten-free products, are also free of dairy and eggs. Many companies who make gluten-free products tend to make products that are free of the most common food irritants. So, don’t shy away from the gluten-free section in your grocery store, it has tons to offer!
As a vegan, one thing that I have missed is waffles. If I needed a quick breakfast, I’d pop some waffles in the toaster, top it with some fruit and syrup and I’d be set for the morning. I would usually put some peanut butter on them first too :)
So, on my last grocery shopping excursion I found some gluten, egg and milk free waffles. Van's had whole wheat, plain and blueberry. I was so excited!
Leggo My Dairy free Eggo :)Some of you may have heard of the new vegan cheese Daiya. It has the promise to stretch and melt like real cheese. While this may be the case, I didn’t really enjoy the taste. It was a bit creamy and just tasted weird. Tyson loved it…but that doesn’t really count because he will eat anything. I probably won’t buy this product again, but be your own judge! I’ve been off of cheese for years so I don’t crave it as much as other vegans do. I will keep you updated on any new products that I try.
Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment