Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Spicy Tofu with Broccoli and Cashews

At work we often circulate recipes, and one day the Weight Watchers recipe book was making the rounds. They actually have a vegetarian section--and hey, you know it’s going to be healthy for you!
I already got to test the Vegetable Curry Stew from a co-worker and it was very tasty. I copied a few recipes down, and this is the first one I’ve tried.
Here's the recipe:
The sauce for this was so scrumptious. The only thing I didn’t quite enjoy was the jiggly tofu. In this recipe the tofu was only cooked for a minute or two. It tasted great, but sometimes I can’t eat something if the texture is off. It makes my knees all wobbly and my tongue sticks out. So, to cure this problem I baked my slices of tofu until they got nice and crispy…and then added them in. See what you like. Either way, you’re getting tons of protein and your belly will fill up quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment