Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Food To Go

I always have to stop at the Heartwood Bakery whenever I go to Halifax. Their food is so full of flavor, and their desserts…YUM!

My last visit was with Mom and Tyson and we ordered some food to go. Tyson got the Sweet and Spicy Tomato Sauce Heartwood Bowl with rice Vermicelli. It was full of peppers, sweet potato, sprouts, tofu and goodness. He was very pleased, and VERY full.
Mom got the Avocado and Tomato Sandwich. Their sandwiches are made with their in-house organic sourdough Foccacia. They come open faced so this is just one half of the sandwich. It might look small in this photo, but none of us could finish our meal!
I ordered the Deviled Tofu Sandwich which was full of dilly tofu, veggies and sprouts. I love dill so this was really a treat for me. I plan to use a lot more herbs in my future cooking. They add so much personality to a dish.I was disappointed that they didn’t have any cheesecake left. But, not so disappointed that I didn’t order some vegan mint chocolate chip cookies, an oatcake and a chocolate hazelnut brownie. All in all, it was a great food experience-even if we were in the car!

1 comment:

  1. Heartwood is the best! My friend Anna and I went there three times as a treat for all our hard studying. It is always delicious and the staff are great!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete