Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Monday, November 1, 2010

World Vegan Day

November 1st is World Vegan Day! I just wanted to thank everyone for their support throughout my transition into becoming vegan. This is something that has sparked a fire inside of me, and it is a lifestyle I am very passionate about. I also love hearing from all of you. When you let me know that you’ve changed your lifestyle, or even that you have enjoyed a vegetarian meal, it makes me smile all the way down to the core. I really want to bring awareness to this amazing way of life, and I am learning more and more each day. This past weekend, I was cleaning out my room and found one of my journals from when I was eleven. This was the excerpt:
Friday, November 21st, 1997
Hello. My name is Jenna White. I’m here to tell you what I want to be when I grow up. I want to dedicate my life to animals and helping them out. I want to help them so much and I’m willing to do it!


It makes me happy to know that in 1997, I had some of the same mindset as I do now. It validates my thoughts and actions that I have now in 2010. Thanks again and a Happy World Vegan Day to you all!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
—Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment