Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Trip to Montreal

Last weekend Melanie and I traveled to Montreal to visit our bestie: PO. It was a great weekend full of laughs, heart to hearts and a lot of driving! We ate a lot on the road and went to some great restaurants.

On the way up, I took a cooler filled with fresh blueberries, almond milk, hummus, sandwiches and left over vegetarian pizza. I also took some air popped popcorn, trail mix, granola bars and graham crackers with melted chocolate chips and peanut butter (these delightful treats were a big hit)!

The three of us went to an all vegan restaurant called Aux Vivres on Saturday. Boy, was I excited! The food was extremely good, and it was great because we all got to try each other’s plates and experiment with some new food.

I ordered the smoked Montreal sandwich. It was my first time trying slices of seitan and it was tasty! It also came with a side order of coleslaw (that I haven’t had in ages).
PO ordered the potato and chickpea curry, which had a side of chutney, whole grain brown rice and greens. Melanie ordered a green salad with a scrumptious dressing, along with sweet potato fries and chipotle ketchup (she claims they were the best sweet potato fries she has ever had)! Yay :)
And of course, I got carried away with dessert and ate a whole slice of mixed berry “uncheescake” to myself. AND then…I took home a chocolate apple cake slice for later.
PO and Melanie shared a delicious piece of succulent carrot cake (as you can tell by the photo).
We all left with content full bellies! And I got to have some cake for later :)
The rest of our trip consisted of a lot of snacking (Melanie and I were bottomless pits), shopping, exploring and catching up. And, on our last night we had some good old fashioned pub food before we went out on the town. All in all, it was a very successful vegan trip with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment