Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Zucchini Boats and Wild Mushroom Couscous

Tonight I made some Zucchini Boats and Wild Mushroom Couscous. I had a box of bread crumbs in the cupboard, and I noticed there was a recipe for zucchini boats on the back:
Zucchini Boats
3 medium zucchinis
¼ cup of each; red onion, mushrooms, green/red/yellow peppers, finely chopped
½ cup tomatoes, cubed
½ cup celery stalks, finely chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp dried oregano
½ cup Grissol Plain Bread Crumbs

Cut zucchinis lengthwise and scoop out flesh to form a “boat”. Arrange boats in a heat proof dish.
Sauté vegetables and onion in oil for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, add herbs and seasoning.
Cover and cook further for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are cooked. Stir in bread crumbs. Spoon mixture equally between zucchini boats.
Cover dish with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes, or until cooked.
Serve with pilaf rice. Serves 4 to 6.

I only used one zucchini and halved the recipe. These boats were really delicious and I’m sure you could substitute your favorite vegetables for the filling. I think I used a little bit too much of the bread crumb mixture, because my filling didn’t quite stick together and it was a bit dry. The wild mushroom couscous was in a prepackaged box, and it was delicious! I will definitely be buying it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment