Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dining Out...

Yesterday was my first experience at an all vegan restaurant. Claire and I went for lunch at the Heartwood Bakery in Halifax. It was absolutely delicious! I couldn’t get over the fact that I could order ANYTHING on the menu! The last five years of my life, I’ve been lactose intolerant (which gradually worsened over time)…so even before I became vegan my options on any menu were limited. I could never eat pastas or pizza…and dessert-forget about it!

It took me awhile to decide, but I ended up getting the special of the day:
Maple Roasted Tofu Veggie Wrap with Hummus.
Mmm Mmm Mmm!!! The tofu was roasted to perfection and the wrap was full of flavor. It also came with a side of creamy potato salad with herbs and dill.

Claire ordered the Organic Bean and Veggie Burger on organic kamut focaccia with a side garden salad.
And, this time I could actually order dessert. We split a Chocolate Amaretto “Cheesecake”. (I forgot to take a picture of this one…my mind was somewhere else). I think I was too excited to eat anything with chocolate that was milk-free.

And since I don’t live in Halifax, I ordered a Classic Vegan Pizza (Artichokes, onions, veggies, and their own special caesar sauce) to take home to Pictou County, along with a Coconut Lime “Cheesecake” slice.

All in all it was a successful vegan day!


I would highly recommend the Heartwood Bakery if you are in Halifax.
Here is there link:
http://www.heartwoodbakerycafe.ca/

Jenna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment