Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mac and Cheese

Today I was craving some Mac and Cheese. I don’t think I’ve had Kraft Dinner since I lived with Smees and we used to make it with cut-up hot dogs. Regardless, I needed some Mac and Cheese and I needed it now!
I cooked up some macaroni and put half of it in the bottom of a greased baking pan. I then put cheddar cheese (use rice or vegan), butter, sprinkled on some flour, shook on some salt and pepper and poured some almond milk on top. Then I did another layer of the same. Crushed crackers made the topping.
I was surprised this actually turned out! Maybe some spices in it next time would be good. I had it with a side Caesar salad and some chocolate soy milk (and of course...ketchup!)...Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment