Follow me on my new exciting journey of becoming vegan!
This blog will feature recipes, tips, and links while letting you take a peek into the everyday life of a new vegan.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer is for Strawberries!

This summer Haley and I took on the challenge of making Strawberry Jam. (We opted for cooked jam because we wanted more of a challenge).

The strawberries were ripe and the picking was easy. We filled up this crate in no time…and it’s a good thing we did because it started to pour right after we left!
After cleaning and measuring the strawberries out, we realized we had picked way too many. So we ended up making a strawberry cobbler as well.
We boiled our jars and our strawberry jam…for a while…maybe too long?
Overall, I think we were successful. Maybe a bit runny-but really tasty!
I also tried a new Strawberry Crisp Bar recipe. But I had to freeze most of it before I ate it all.
Here's the link for the Strawberry Jam that we made:

There’s nothing better than a fresh strawberry. Candy from the Earth :)

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment